Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thirty by 30

I've set a deadline of December 23, 2011.  By December 23rd, I want to have perfected... no, mastered thirty recipes.  I want to have a selection of desserts, veggie dishes, appetizers and entrées to serve at a dinner party.  I want to have the perfect combinations of sweet and salty, light dishes and heavier ones.  So I've decided to try a new recipe every week day.  I'll take weekends off (because I'll be doing a lot more 5km and 10km races this year and they are usually Friday mornings!!).  My first recipe attempt is the Oreo Cookie Cheesecake Cupcakes.  They are currently cooling in the fridge - the taste test will be tonight.  So I'm going to try to upload a lot of the recipes on here, along with some oh so artistic photos of my creations!!! ... get excited!!!
one oreo cookie at the bottom of each cupcake

mixing up the cream cheese filling
voila! final product!
YUMMY





2 comments:

  1. ooooh...i cannot wait to hear if they were good or not! how are you even holding back from eating one warm?

    i like this idea of perfecting some recipes. very "julie & julia" - have you read that? i just packed it to take with me on my trip - i always take a book i know i love in case my other books turn out to not be that great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Julie & Julia, though I did see the movie - does that count??? The cheesecake oreo cupcakes are a success. Jason and Josh LOVE them, next I have to run them past the parents and Mateo... they've had their mandatory 4 hours in the fridge (I'll even take another photo and post it!)

    ReplyDelete